Website Fudges Cycle Store
Workshop Mechanic – CAREERS AT FUDGES
Workshop Mechanic at Fudges Cycle Store (Epsom)
About the Business
As we approach the centenary of Fudges Cycle Store serving the riders of London and Surrey, we are poised to start a new journey; and are looking to recruit additional team mates to join us.
We retail a broad range of bikes & accessories from the leading brands in cycling; and are looking to further build on our growing reputation to become centres for E-Bike excellence in the region.
About the Role
The Workshop Mechanic role will help strengthen & support our customer focused retail team. Your enthusiasm, specialist knowledge and experience will help riders of all abilities discover the benefits of cycling.
As a business who is looking towards the future, our Workshop Services need to meet the ever-increasing customer expectations, and the right Workshop Mechanic will help us deliver the service levels required.
You will be instrumental in helping us grow demand for premium workshop services across all categories of our business by building a robust community of inspired riders & fans of the shop.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Workshop Mechanic will have a prime focus on technical service, bike building & maintaining professional workshop standards.
- Enthusiastic across all aspects of bicycle maintenance
- Sweats the small details and goes deep on technical knowledge
- Champions E-Bikes & shares their benefits’ with others
- Loves people, and relishes the opportunity to nurture relationships
- Quickly and positively adapts to the ever-changing needs of the business
- Maintains documentation and customer records efficiently
- Takes responsibility for efficient time management
- Attention to detail built in !
- You will be supported by our in-house business development team to help deliver your long-term career
- We further encourage your career development by offering active participation in wider bike business marketing events and messaging strategies – get involved!
- Enjoys & encourages customer interaction
- Appreciates the trust empowered through professional workshop services
- Openly shares knowledge across the whole team.
- Collectively strives to support your teammates
What, How Much & About You ?
- Efficient workshop management
- 1st Class Analogue-Bike technical servicing
- 1st Class E-Bike technical servicing
- Wheel building, Electronic systems, Hydraulic systems
- Proactive rider communication & customer service tasks
- Personal focus on the customer (Rider centric approach)
- Detail orientated
- Inspires people
- Loves cycling
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified to a Cytech Technical standard, & E-bike technical experience from Bosch, Shimano, Yamaha, Mahle, Brose, Fazua is preferred, although specific training in all areas will be provided to the successful candidate
- Bicycle retail experience
- Connected to the riding scene at an enthusiasts’ level
- Loves to ride bikes
£32K + OTE (Combination of salary & bonus)
Depending on experience
Enrolment into company pension scheme
We offer a generous staff purchase scheme
5 days per week
Mon – Saturday: 9am – 6pm , Sunday: 11am – 4pm
28 days holiday including bank holidays.
Come with us
Join the ride
We are so excited about the opportunities that lie ahead for Fudges Cycle Store, and we are looking for like-minded individuals who share our vision for evolution.
If you are inspired to help deliver these changes as part of our growing team, and would like to help build an evolved business fit for the future, come with us on the journey, it’s going to be a great ride !
Please get in touch.
To apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter to Murph@fudgescyclestore.com
To apply for this job email your details to Murph@fudgescyclestore.com.