Website Shand Cycles Ltd
Position: Technical & Customer Relations-Bespoke hand-built bikes
Reports to: Operations Manager
Shand is a small independent Scottish company, based in Livingston in the central belt, fabricating hand-built bespoke custom bicycles. Our reputation for creating high quality, beautiful bikes, with a stunning hand painted finish, is renowned throughout the industry. We have hand crafted bikes that hold world records and been ridden by Olympic champions and are proud of our Scottish heritage, which is shown through the names of our bikes, such as Stoater, Stooshie and Bahookie.
This role is based in Livingston at Shand Cycles production facility. Shand Cycles is a small independent Scottish bicycle company, with an enviable reputation, for fabricating high quality, hand-built bespoke bikes. As the Product & Customer Relations Manager, youwill be a time served bike mechanic, though not necessarily in that role at present. They will be responsible for managing customer relations, answering technical queries for new & existing customers and helping customers select the optimal componentry for their new bespoke bike, therefore you must have a high level of technical & product knowledge within the bike world.
You will report to and work alongside the Operations Manager to plan materials purchasing for the business in a timely, cost efficient manner, to ensure the production schedule runs smoothly. The postholder will assist in ensuring the company targets and objectives are being achieved and support individuals within the business to achieve their targets, deputising for Operations Manager when necessary. As a small business, the ability and desire to support other functions within the business during times of need is imperative and we are keen to encourage and support multi-skilling of staff. The role is Monday to Friday 37.5hrs with flexible start/finish covering core operating hours.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- A key part of this role, will see you dealing with incoming customer enquiries via email,
telephone and showroom visits in a timely manner
- Assist and advise customers on their optimal bike and componentry selection, based on the customer requirements and your expertise
- Updating customer order book and pro-actively monitor & keep customers updated with their order status
- In due course, after receiving appropriate training, you will:
- Carry out In person sizing at the Livingston site (post Covid)
- Carry out remote sizings through analysing sizing data supplied by customer, by phone or Email.
- Compile BOM items from stock for upcoming bike builds according to build forecast
- Create purchase orders for BOM items that are not in stock and are required for upcoming builds
- Assist mechanic team to assemble bikes to ensure consistent throughput and provide holiday cover
- Support & coach less experienced mechanical colleague to ensure they are of the level required by Shand
- Manage materials stores to ensure availability of parts for upcoming builds
- Manage warranty issues with vendor parts or customer bikes
- Evaluation of new componentry for bike model revisions
- Attend company stand with Shand team at trade shows and cycling events
Key skills & Experience
- 4 years+ experience of working in a bike shop/bike trade
- Strong technical skills, with an enviable, in-depth knowledge of the cycle trade and products
- Cytech bike technician or similar qualification desired
- IT literate, experience of using CAD software to process customer sizing data and create bike frame drawings would be an advantage
- Strong customer handling skills and desire to deliver the highest standards of customer care
- High level of literacy and competent in using Microsoft Office: Word
- Keen cyclist
- Must be a team player-work confidently on your own, but be adaptable and supportive of your colleagues, to help achieve the larger goals of the business
- Comfortable and confident in a customer facing position
- Organised and methodical, with a strong attention to detail
- The ability to remain focused and calm under pressure
Salary: £competitive based on experience
How to apply: email CV to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.