Website Lyon Equipment Limited
This is an exciting opportunity to join Lyon Equipment Limited, an employee-owned company serving the outdoor, work at height and rescue markets with ‘equipment and expertise to venture further’. We manufacture our own Lyon brand products and distribute a portfolio of high-end brands and technical training.
Lyon provides a friendly, contemporary and dynamic working environment. We value a good work/ life balance.
We are seeking to appoint a Technical Administrator. This is a full time, permanent position. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual with a keen eye for detail.
- Stock control & rotation – Using Microsoft Excel to ensure balanced stock levels. Regular stock checks are a key part of this role.
- Purchase Ordering – Placing purchase orders with our raw materials/ component suppliers.
- Sourcing – New/ alternative components where necessary to meet production demands.
- Receiving – Incoming goods ensuring specifications are met.
- Testing – As required prior to booking goods into stock. Reporting any inconsistencies with the supplier and rectifying.
- Bills of materials – Maintaining and creating bills of materials on Excel, updating prices and communicating changes to the purchasing department and other stakeholders within the business.
- Work Instructions – Working with the production, conformity and quality teams to ensure work instructions are kept up to date.
- Machine servicing & calibration – Liaising with our external maintenance providers to ensure any faults are swiftly corrected and recorded.
- Inspection of finished goods & batch testing – Visual inspection of products and preparation for despatch. Batch testing may also be required ensuring pre-designated standards are adhered to.
- Works orders – Receipt of works orders from the sales department.
- Printing and creation of logos and labels as required to complete orders.
- Manufacturing – You may occasionally be required to assist in the actual manufacture of goods.
- Any other duties as required by the needs of the business.
- Experience within an administration/ production environment.
- Conversant in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience of using Adobe products such as Illustrator would be an advantage, however training will be provided.
- Capable of communicating with stakeholders at all levels within the business.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Have a logical approach to work with the ability to prioritise own workload.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A hands-on approach and ‘can-do’ attitude.
Hours of work:
This is a full-time office-based position which equates to 37.5 hours per week. We work slightly longer hours Monday – Thursday in order to enjoy an early finish every Friday. These hours are Monday to Thursday 08:00– 17:00 and Friday 08:30 – 14:00.
The benefits include:
- Commencing salary in the region of £19,000 – £23,000.
- 30 days holiday entitlement per annum (pro rata) including public holidays, with loyalty increments.
- Generous staff discount (for personal use only) on the products we distribute.
- Continued personal development opportunities.
- Being part of an Employee-Owned Company with the potential to earn a tax-free annual bonus.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Free use of Company loan kit when available.
- After 3 months of continuous service, inclusion into our qualifying pension scheme, into which we contribute.
Upon successful completion of a three-month probationary period:
- The successful candidate will be invited to join our healthcare scheme
Please download an application pack from our website www.lyon.co.uk. All applicants are required to complete a Lyon application form; a CV alone will not be accepted.
Completed application forms (and accompanying C.V. if you wish) are to be emailed or posted to our HR Manager, Julia Aspinall:
Lyon Equipment Limited
Unit 3-7 Tebay Business Park
Closing date for applications: Friday 8th July 2022, 12noon
Initial online interviews for this post are likely to take place: Week commencing Monday 18th July 2022
Second round interviews are likely to take place: Week commencing Monday 25th July 2022
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.