Website The Bike Club
We are changing the landscape of how families acquire bikes, and we are looking for qualified mechanics to help us achieve our mission of getting the next generation cycling and creating a more sustainable world.
Our recent move to a new 20,000 sq ft site in Rainham is indicative our next stage of growth and the opportunities are endless when joining a team experiencing this kind of growth.
This role is perfect for someone who prefers working in a Workshop where you are able to get your head down and can focus solely on fixing and repairing mountain, road and hybrid bikes. We’re not all hard work and no play, so you can expect team outings, Friday beers and free team lunches while working with us.
What will a typical day look like?
- Servicing and repairing bikes sent back to us from our customers
- Inspecting bikes and diagnosing problems and applying solutions quickly • Performing quality control checks and ensuring excellent quality of work • Supporting Junior Mechanics with their technical development
- Submitting reports on bike issues and repairs
- Giving mechanical advice to our Customer Service team so they can solve customer queries
- Keeping the workshop clean and safe
What we are looking for:
- Someone who always keeps customers’ needs at the forefront
- An experienced mechanic who is able to troubleshoot technical problems (Cytech level 2 / 3 desirable)
- Proven experience with servicing, maintenance and repair work
- Pride in your work and excellent attention to detail
- A natural team player and strong communication skills
- Ability to independently troubleshoot and solve problems
The Bike Club is changing the world of consumer finance by giving our community of members a strong alternative to purchasing bicycles for their little loved ones. We are able to create unforgettable memories by encouraging families to experience the wonders of cycling together. The icing on top is that we make it easy and convenient for our members to exchange their bikes as their children grow. Our service is hassle-free and quickly disrupting the market.
Perks & Benefits
- 33 days annual leave a year (inclusive of bank holidays)
- 3% pension contributions
- £30 monthly discount on Bike Club subscription
- Team socials
- Free lunches
Job Location: Unit 19, Ferry Lane, Easter Park, RM13 9BP (parking available)
Salary: £24,000 – £27,000 per annum
How to apply: To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.