Job title: Sales Associate – Covent Garden Flagship store
Department: Brompton Junction
Responsible to: Store Manager
Hours: 40 hours per week
About the Company
Our purpose is to change the way people live in cities. By providing the means to commute or explore with a bike that you can take anywhere and store anywhere, we can make cities better places to live. We want to increase people’s freedom, improve their health, and reduce society’s impact on the environment. We make more than just a bicycle, and we are more than just a bicycle company.
We continue to make the Brompton in West London, where we started in 1975, but our product has travelled far – we now export 80% of our bicycles to 47 countries. In the past 3 years we have invested in a new purpose-built production facility, transformed our digital architecture, opened new flagship stores, and had our biggest product launch in company history and we’re not stopping there…
To truly deliver on our purpose, we need passionate, innovative, and talented people that want to challenge the status quo and make an impact. We can offer you a job you won’t find anywhere else.
The primary role of this position to act as a brand ambassador for all customers visiting the store environment, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction. You will guide all customers through the brand customer journey to ensure a best-in-class experience. Motivated by success you will be required to understand store performance and KPIs and positively contribute to these through your personal performance. You will be required to stay up to date with the latest brand information and product knowledge by completing relevant Brompton Academy modules.
You should work well within a team, supporting your colleagues and managers always. You will be responsible for ensuring accuracy when completing in-store processes such as payment handling and delivery processing. Contributing to the high visual standards in store you will be expected to support with maintaining replenishment, housekeeping and personal grooming standards as referenced in the brand policies.
The successful candidate fulfilling this role should have the ability to negotiate and advise others in a specialist/technical area of expertise. They should do so in a way that leads to a high level of customer satisfaction. The person should be able to create and maintain goodwill and take a thorough, systematic, and logical approach to situations. The ability to communicate and the persistence to see a job through to
conclusion are important aspects of this role. Meeting people with ease should come naturally to the right candidate.
They should apply a systematic and logical approach in order to get things right always working to a high standard to improve and maintain quality. The right candidate should value their personal development and seek opportunities for continuous personal improvement to deliver results to the required standard within agreed timescales.
The person fulfilling the role should be confident, enthusiastic, approachable, accommodating, and unassuming. Being non-confrontational and adopting a passive and non-demanding working ethic will be required. The person should enjoy working within a structured environment and avoid confrontation.
With an active nature you will be someone who has an adventurous and explorative approach to life; ideally with an interest in cycling you will adopt a Brompton into your life with ease. Living the brand you will act with authenticity as a brand ambassador.
- Act as a Brand Ambassador
- Ensure consistent customer journey delivered for all customers
- Awareness of store performance and KPIs and make a positive contribution towards achieving these
- Ensure a high level of housekeeping to the company’s desired standard, both on and off the shop floor.
- Operating the till and accurately handling cash, finance, and credit/debit cards
- Assist in changing displays of shop stock
- Receiving deliveries, unpacking and re-shelving or storing stock
- Assisting with regular stock checks and annual stock takes
- Being vigilant at all times and to help minimise stock loss
- Respond to general customer enquiries received by phone or email
- Adhere to the grooming policy
- Ensure all Health & Safety procedures are effectively carried out and adhered to
- Additional duties:
- To attend supervision, training and meetings as and when required.
- Self Management
- Good knowledge of the brand and its history.
- Previous retail experience within a global sport, activewear brand is preferable.
- Astute understanding of – and a passionate belief in – exemplary customer service.
- A good grasp of a second language will be viewed favourably.
- Experience with a POS system and Microsoft Office.
- Confident and diplomatic; a team member who can liaise with a range of stakeholders.
- An understanding of Brompton’s ethos and how this has shaped its brand values.
- A broad understanding of today’s bicycle industry and Brompton’s place in it.
- Personable and engaging, both internally and as an ambassador for Brompton Bicycle to the general public.
Personal attributes and skills:
- Fluent in English, one of the following additional languages is a plus but not mandatory (Dutch, French, German, Italian)
- Strong sales ability and customer service skills
- Market aware and commercially focussed
- Strong numeracy skills with an ability to construct and interpret sales data/ reports
- Ability to construct pivot tables and use common Excel tools
- A natural communicator that can persuade and influence others
- Proactive with a problem-solving mind-set
- Ability to deliver presentations and report on markets
- Flexible and able to quickly understand the requirements
- Attention to detail and a willingness to dig down into details while retaining a sense of the broader picture are essential
- Determined and resourceful, able to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Passionate, able to work in a multicultural environment
- A valid passport
- An understanding of Brompton’s ethos and how this has shaped its brand values
- Ideally bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas – Business; Sales; Supply Chain
- Minimum three years’ trade account sales/ sales support experience
Brompton offers you a very excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate, and co-operate with each other. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment, Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international, and ambitious environment. We are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle; we all share the same passion and dedication to the company and the product, despite any differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.
- Large discount on your very own Brompton (family and friends get discount too).
- 20 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays, rising the longer you stay with us.
- Workplace Pension Scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Flexible Working, Cycle to Work Scheme and other similar benefits.
- Christmas Parties, Annual Bike Rides, Charity Raffles, Volunteering with the local community all go towards creating a working environment that is fun and enriching
To apply for this job please visit brompton.recruitee.com.