Website Reid Bikes Limited
Reid Bikes Limited are looking for a highly experienced, professional, and knowledgeable Product Manager to join their team. This is a specialist role within our team, not a generic product manager role. The successful candidate will be the major driver in developing product from the ground up, so extensive knowledge and experience in a similar role is vital.
Reid Bikes design, manufacture and distribute bikes, eBikes, scooters, eScooters, and watersports leisure products to over 20 countries around the world from our established factories and supply chain in China. We do this under our own Reid brand as well as designing and manufacturing for other brands. We have a strong and passionate team that has helped the business grow significantly over the last couple of years, and need another strong team player to help us to continue on our journey. Due to Covid-19 the supply chain is less stable, and lead times are longer. So it is more important than ever to ensure we are developing the best products in the market for our network of distributors around the globe as early as possible.
The successful candidate will be working alongside our supply chain team, marketing team and Managing Director who is currently heavily involved in product development. The primary roles and responsibilities will be:
- Review existing product lines under the Reid brand with gap analysis to identify new opportunities in the market.
- Conduct consumer and market analysis to ensure our product range and pricing is competitive in the market.
- Design and develop new product or updated product lines for the Reid range. Extensive knowledge of bike parts and key component suppliers is required for this. You must understand technical frame drawings and a BOM (Bill of materials) to do this.
- Liaise with our graphic designer and marketing team to create artwork for our products, including the packaging.
- Ensuring that all BOMs (Bill of materials) are up to date and that all production ready models have all required information filed correctly for our marketing team to use and distribute.
- Ensure samples are made on time and to specification, and then tested.
- Liaise with Marketing team to ensure that new products are added to the site correctly, and on all external marketing material in a timely manner.
- Identify sales trends for range review exercises, and key component forecasting due to the current extended lead times.
- Work closely with distributors / clients / end users on warranty matters to solve them all as quickly and as cost effectively as possible.
- Trips to our office and factories in China a couple of times per year (under normal circumstances – all overseas travel is cancelled currently due to Covid-19).
We are looking for someone who is highly experienced in this field, with a strong knowledge of bike product and remote management of suppliers them via third party assemblers. We need someone who can slip seamlessly into our growing team, adding value and experience where we need it as a business. Due to the role being very specialist, we would consider a remote worker for this role, including people living and working outside the UK where our head office is based. Fluent English is a must.
Competitive salary dependent upon experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.