Website GripGrab ApS
Title: Product Developer – Cycling wear
Job Location: Copenhagen, but with possibility of working remotely
Salary: Depending on qualifications and past experience
How to apply: Product Developer For GripGrab – Formstack
Especially for passionate cyclists who are quality-minded, GripGrab is a company of cyclists with a familial-vibe that uses a Scandinavian design ethos to innovate high-quality cycling essentials that enable all types of cyclists to move their minds and bodies.
For more than 20 years we have developed highly functional, timeless essentials that keep cyclists covered and comfortable in all weather conditions and enable them to explore their cycling potential.
We are looking for an experienced product developer who can take the lead on developing our range of timeless cycling wear that will meet the high standards of our existing products, as well as support our mission to keep cyclists confident and comfortable wherever and whenever they ride.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer (CPO) you will join the product development team, which oversees design, development, production and supply chain. The department is accountable for design, product development, sourcing and manufacturing, from early idea and innovation projects to final product. As a product developer, you will be leading product development and sourcing of cycling wear and rainwear.
- Accountable for the development of GripGrab’s cycling wear and rainwear
- Owning the engineering process of cycling wear and rainwear
- Accountable for quality, functionality and performance requirements for these categories
- Creating measurement specifications, grading and sizing rules for each garment type
- Creating and finalising tech packs with design and production team
- Creating wear testing guidelines
- Ensuring fabric, fit and overall design all meet GripGrab standards
- Building strong relationships with our suppliers with factory visits and continuous communication
- Owning critical path and development phase with manufacturers and suppliers
On top of an enduring passion for cycling and a purpose driven personality, the ideal candidate is passionate about developing new products and researching sustainable fabrics and production methods. You have a strong passion for sportswear, ideally cycling apparel, and a meticulous attention to detail and a strong communication skillset. A formal education and subsequent undergraduate/graduate degrees are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
- Approximately five years’ experience working for a cycling or sportswear brand
- Advanced knowledge of garment construction and technical garment creation skills
- Excellent knowledge of technical performance materials and their properties ‘
- An excellent understanding of the impact of construction, materials and pattern
- An excellent understanding of costing template variables
- Strong experience and knowledge of working with overseas factories
- Strong communication skills and proven experience collaborating with overseas factories
- Strong Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Full professional proficiency in English, both written and spoken – other languages are a plus
- Possess strong analytical and project management skills – you are systematic and structured
- Have solid communication and listening skills
- Are comfortable working with tight deadlines and capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Are highly self-motivated with a high energy level and a positive mindset with a “can do” attitude
- Are flexible and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic business – you have a hands-on approach to execution
- Thrive equally well with coordination, handling and more operational tasks
- Have an enduring passion for cycling
Preferably, the role will be based in Copenhagen, Denmark. However, we are open to applicants living and working abroad who can travel to our HQ on a regular basis.
Working at GripGrab
We are continuously looking into ways to invest in our employees and build a better working culture and environment. Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility to work out of office during the week
- Annual team building trips to exciting cycling destinations
- A personal annual allowance for free GripGrab kit
- In-house facilities for cyclists which are second to none
Are you interested and do you have what it takes?
Please submit your application by following this link: Product Developer For GripGrab – Formstack
Deadline for applications: 13th September 2021
Questions about the job: Please email CPO Kristian Krøyer – firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit gripgrab.formstack.com.