Post Title: Cycle Mechanic
Place of Work: Riders and Striders, Trentham Estate, Stoke on Trent
Reporting to: Store Manager
Contract type: Part time – 12 hours per week usually between 9am-5pm.
Rate of pay: £9.50-£10.00ph
We are looking for an experienced Cycle Mechanic to join our team on a part time, permanent basis. The successful candidate will need to be highly self-motivated, enthusiastic and committed to contributing towards the success of the shop. The role will be dual located between our retail shop at Trentham and the workshop based at our Head Office in Audley to maximise productivity & efficiency. You will be responsible for driving the awareness of our offer in the local community with the objective of achieving all service centre targets whilst exceeding customer service expectations and ensuing a world class service & repair offer.
- Delivering high levels of cycle service & repair, both planned and on the spot
- Liaising with our customers to ensure they are always informed of the status of their repairs
- Maximising the use of both workshop spaces
- Controlling the inventory for the workshop
- Maintaining high standards & cleanliness within the workshop spaces
- Ensuring accurate records are kept for all service & repairs
- Pickup and delivery of bikes
- Keep abreast of all latest industry updates relevant to the cycle technician role
- Assembling new bikes
- Achieving targets and maximising profitability
- Supporting with all compliance processes as necessary
- Marketing and promoting the service & repair offer locally and via social media platforms
- Addressing customer feedback, resolving queries and dealing with complaints
- Training & coaching of team colleagues to drive knowledge
- Cytech/NVQ Cycle Maintenance Level 2 accredited or equivalent
- Great technical knowledge
- A passion for cycling
- Great communication skills
- Consistency & high level of attention to detail
- Commercial awareness & business acumen
- Must be able to use own initiative and be self-motivated
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience of using social media platforms
- Take pride in training and coaching others as well as have a willingness to continually learn & develop your own skills.
Due to the nature of the business and changing customer requirements, our working day is of a flexible nature. Working days are normally approximately 8 hours and may include weekend and bank holiday working.
£9.50-£10.00 per hour dependent on qualifications and experience.
To apply for this job please visit peakpeople.peoplehr.net.