Fettle is on a mission. As urbanisation increases at an alarming rate, and our cities become even more congested, the humble bicycle is the only answer. Transport is changing, vehicle ownership is declining and bikes and scooters are tackling our shorter journey needs.
Fettle is the UK’s fastest growing bike repair and service business set up with the ambition to provide city wide networks of service locations across the whole of the UK. We are hugely enthusiastic about cycling & care deeply about helping people to travel around inner-cities without harming the environment. We are on a mission to repurpose under-used space and drag bike repair into the 21st century, with all repairs and services at our workshops bookable online and through our app. Think old-school mechanical expertise
smashed together with modern technology.
Cyclists using the Fettle have access to:
- Super convenient, central locations – As our network of locations grows we will provide full city coverage.
- Handy collection service – we believe customers want convenience and if that means we need to collect and drop off the bike, we will.
- Smooth, simple technology – our background is helping build tech for JustPark – a platform which allows drivers to pre-book parking. As well as being into our bikes we are also tech geeks and believe we have the right knowledge to build an awesome platform which is easy for cyclists to use and help mechanics work smartly and efficiently
- Quality services – not only will our mechanics be the best in-class, we are a friendly company who is obsessed with giving our customers unbeatable services using great new technology
About the role
We are looking for a customer operations associate to join our HQ team, who is comfortable both juggling many operational plates and speaking to customers.
The role is split across two aspects of the business; customer experience and operations and would ideally suit someone starting out in their career, looking to join a busy and ambitious startup.
You can expect to…
- Be the face of fettle. You’ll be taking new bookings via phone and email. As the first point of contact for our customers, it will be up to you to set the tone for the rest of their experience.
- Owning improvements to our customer experience. One of the best bits of working at a start-up is being able to solve problems. No red tape to wade through; as the point person for customer experience, if you see a point you want to improve, you have the freedom to do that. The ideal candidate will be an excellent problem solver.
- Responding to feedback. We’re not perfect and sometimes we do get it wrong. It’ll be your job to respond to feedback, figuring out anything we may need to put in place to stop it happening again, whether it’s a change to our tech, or a new process to follow in the workshop.
- Conducting research. We love to hear all about our customers’ fettle experiences. You’ll be conducting customer interviews from time-to- time, gleaning what went well and what we can build on in future.
- Managing our logistics. Our handy collection and return service makes it easier than ever for customers to get their bikes serviced. You’ll be managing the logistics of this, making the route each day and liaising with drivers.
- Helping with events/ large corporate bookings. Not only do we service bikes in the workshop, but we also do large corporate bookings or ad hoc events. Whilst you won’t be organising these per se, you’ll be providing operational support to the organisers.
You must have…
- Excellent telephone manner
- The ability to juggle many plates; startups can be busy and varied.
- A passion for cycling
- Comfortable using online technology
- A problem solving mindset with a resilient & determined nature
- Eligibility to work in the UK
It’s a real bonus if you have…
- A passion for cycling. If you know your spokes from your stems, that’s a big bonus for us.
- Customer service experience. Perhaps you had a Saturday job in a local shop, or worked in a call centre.
- A full UK driving license
As part of the fettle HQ team, you’ll get:
- A really competitive salary of £26,000 – £28,000
- Opportunities for genuine career progression
- Share options
- Delicious food cooked by an amazing chef, twice a week
- Trade prices on bike parts from the day you start.
- Access to a benefits platform spanning health, counselling and discounts across tonnes of retailers
We really want to know why you want to work at fettle. Along with submitting your CV, please answer the following questions (max 300 words total):
- What is it about this role that excited and made you apply?
- Can you think of a time you solved a problem? What was the issue, how did you know it was an issue and what did you to solve it?
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.