Title: Claims Handler
Job Location: London, Bristol or WFH
Salary: Based on experience
How to apply: https://apply.workable.com/laka/j/C3F3EDC261/
Started in 2017, Laka set out to transform insurance by connecting passionate cyclists all over the UK to form a collective and protect their bikes. A better model for insurance was born. For once people come first in insurance by fairly sharing the cost amongst each other.
Laka makes sure everything runs smoothly for the community: from exceptionally fast claims to splitting the cost fairly, guaranteeing a maximum price and all the other heavy lifting of a regulated insurance business. For that service, the collective pays Laka a fee relative to the claims in a month.
For cyclists it’s a simple calculation:
- Together, take care of your gear, and reap the rewards of lower cost
- Laka focuses on getting you back on your bike because that’s how we get paid
It’s a win-win all around!
Whilst we grew 10x in 2019, 2020 was an even bigger year for us. We launched our Recovery Insurance with the aim to help cyclists recover from an injury in no time, partnered with some great brands such as Rapha to sell Laka branded cycling gear and launched Laka in The Netherlands. Our collective love the Laka service: we won “Best Cycling Insurer” by the ICA 3rd time in a row, on top of helping us raise a successful crowdfunding campaign.
The cycling collective is at the core of everything we do and we have industry-shifting plans to extend our growth beyond insurance, and help passionate cyclists in Europe and beyond.
You will be an integral part of our Community team. Providing a great customer experience is the most important part of our plans to grow the Laka brand in the UK and beyond. As part of a small dedicated team, you will be the first point of contact for general and claim related enquiries.
As a Claims Handler / Bike Guru you will:
- Help Laka members to file their claims and guide them through the process of replacing or repairing their bikes and gear either directly with us by coordinating with third-parties
- Support Laka members with general questions around Laka, their bicycle insurance and new initiatives via webchat and email
- Constantly prioritise work to deliver a swift, convenient and seamless experience to our members
- Collate feedback from the community on an ongoing basis and produce actionable reports to make Laka better every day
To succeed in this role you will need to:
- Understand when it makes sense to go the extra mile and make a member’s day
- Love learning new things and find self-fulfilment in helping people going through a rough patch (losing your bike isn’t easy, you know)
- Strong empathy for cyclists and understanding of technical terms in cycling (we can bring you up to speed with the latest bike tech)
- Be comfortable chatting with our members and show excellent written English
- Have a good understanding of modern tools such as Google Suite (Sheets, etc), Slack, Notion and other in-house applications.
You might have already guessed it but it makes a lot of sense to be passionate about cycling when joining Laka. Don’t worry about any insurance knowledge. We can teach you the ins-and-outs of insurance and skill you up on all things bike parts too.
Before you apply, please make sure that you have the permission to work in the UK (unfortunately we will not be able to provide Visa sponsorship for this role).
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Bike friendly office in central London and Bristol
- Enjoy free weekly team lunches, a fridge filled with healthy snacks and free coffee from our own machine – well, once we get back to this 😉
- Work from home, our office in central London or Bristol
- Grow and skill-up with a personal growth budget tailored to your needs
- Take the time off you need, we ask you to take at least 25 days holidays + bank holidays to clear your mind
- Get free Laka credit every month to insure your bikes
- Plan for the future with our workplace pension scheme
- Get your next bike with our cycle-to-work scheme
- Kit yourself out with our cycling industry discounts
- Get top notch Apple equipment to get work done
- Join our bi-monthly book club with access to free books
- Have a voice in our regular team off-sites to collectively shape the future of Laka
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.