Started in 2017, Laka set out to transform bicycle insurance by connecting passionate cyclists all over the UK to form a collective and protect their bikes. A better model for insurance was born. For once people come first in insurance by fairly sharing the cost amongst each other.
Laka makes sure everything runs smoothly for the collective: from exceptionally fast claims, to splitting the cost fairly, guaranteeing a maximum price and all the other heavy lifting of a regulated insurance business. For that service, the collective pays Laka a fee relative to the claims in a month.
For cyclists it’s a simple calculation:
- Take care of your gear as a collective, and reap the rewards of lower cost
- Laka focuses on getting you back on your bike because that’s how we get paid
It’s a win-win all around!
We have grown 10x in 2019, receiving almost exclusively 5-star reviews by our members and we are backed by some of the most incredible investors on the planet. Besides our core bicycle insurance product, we have launched the Laka Club, challenging existing cycling memberships with a free offering for UK cyclists.
The cycling community is at the core of everything we do and we have industry-shifting plans to establish a far bigger footprint for Laka than just insurance, and help over 50m passionate cyclists in Europe and beyond. We are currently live in the UK and The Netherlands, with plans for further global expansion.
This is an exciting opportunity for a target driven individual to join our growing team as Business Development Manager. You’ll be an integral part of the team and, being a high growth company, you’ll have the opportunity to shape your career in a company well-known for its excellent working culture.
What you’ll be working on:
- Supporting the ongoing commercial development of the business dev and partnership strategy, and management of partners following successful acquisition.
- A laser focus on acquisition, negotiating deals and producing “win-win” opportunities.
- Identification and prioritisation of prospective partners across B2B and B2C.
- As part of a small team, the initial role will be varied, requiring flexibility and a can-do attitude alongside being a self-starter.
- Providing support to the VP Marketing to identify the next big growth opportunities for Laka.
- Defining, planning and executing on the go-to-market (GTM) framework for launching new partnerships and new business opportunities.
- Managing co-branded partnership materials and content.
- Working with the Growth Director to optimise partner channel customer journeys to improve conversion
- Tracking & reporting of performance and budget
- Ensuring the CRM system has updated contact details, pipeline figures etc.
A target-driven and well-rounded candidate who wants to develop their career in a high-growth company. Requirements:
- A proven track record of success within new business development /sales/ partnerships
- Great negotiation and relationship development skills
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of the structure of commercial/partnership agreements
- Creative mind & ability to come up with innovative and interesting partnership campaign and themes
- Ability to work autonomously and across the organisation to drive the delivery of specific projects
- Experience of insurance or financial services isn’t a prerequisite but a keen interest and understanding of cycling is. Strong existing relationships in the cycling industry is desirable.
- Have the right to work in the UK, and when permitted, are able to work in the London and/or Bristol office as required.
- Competitive salary £40,000 (OTE £80,000 1st Year)
- Work from home, your office, or go to the gym during the day – it’s up to you how you plan your time as long as the work gets done
- Take the time off you need, we ask you to take 25 days holidays + bank holidays to clear your mind
- We’ll provide top notch equipment (Apple or else) to get work done
- Grow and skill-up with a personal growth budget tailored to your needs
- Weekly team lunches, plus a fridge filled with healthy snacks and free coffee from our own machine.
- Get free Laka credit every month to insure your bikes
- Plan for the future with our workplace pension scheme
- Kit yourself out with our cycling industry discounts
- Join our bi-monthly book club with access to free books
- Have a voice in our regular team off-sites to collectively shape the future of Laka
To apply for this role then please visit https://apply.workable.com/laka/j/DC9A6D9EAC/apply/
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.