Title: Bike Mechanic
Job Location: Watford
Salary: starting at £20k
Essential – over 25 with clean driving license.
Beryl is an exciting new bike share scheme launched in Bournemouth, Christchurch & Poole; London; Watford; Norwich and Hereford; with lots more exciting growth plans on the way. We are looking for a talented bike mechanic to join our Watford Team.
Our Bike Mechanics are responsible for keeping the wheels moving. You will need to be conscientious, flexible and have a can do attitude. Most importantly, you will be making yourself invaluable to the scheme and the community. You will have a wonderful opportunity to work within one of the country’s most exciting cycle scheme providers, and take an integral role in our operations as one of our Bike Mechanics.
What will you be doing?
Ad hoc, and scheduled maintenance, including but not limited to;
- Complete bicycle strip down and rebuilds
- Minor and major repairs
- Quality assurance
- Keeping services and maintenance records
- Updating stock control systems
- General housekeeping
- Helping to support continuous service improvements
- Bike redistribution
We’d like someone with…
- Experience of working in Manufacturing, Mechanical and/or Engineering front line environment
- A background in mechanical maintenance
- Keen interest in bicycles
- Driving licence – we are keen to incorporate bike redistribution into this role as well
- Happy to work in a rotational 5 days on, two days off pattern
What are we offering in return?
- Permanent position
- Enhanced parental leave
- 32 days annual leave inc. bank holidays
- Online perks and discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Family and friends product discounts
Applicants should hold a valid driving licence and be over 25 due to vehicle insurance reasons.
Please note, this role is shift based over 7 days a week.
To apply for this job please visit careers.beryl.cc.