Website Fudges Cycle Store
Bike Builder / Sales Assistant at Fudges Cycle Store (Paddington)
About the Business
As we approach the centenary of Fudges Cycle Store serving the riders of London and Surrey, we are poised to start a new journey; and are looking to recruit additional team mates to join us.
We retail a broad range of bikes & accessories from the leading brands in cycling; and are looking to further build on our growing reputation to become centres for E-Bike excellence in the region.
About the Role
Enhancing our experienced store team, the Bike Builder / Sales Assistant role will strengthen & support our customer focused retail team. Your enthusiasm, specialist knowledge and experience will help riders of all abilities discover the benefits of cycling by helping deliver 1st class mechanical skills & customer service. You will be instrumental in helping us grow the demand across all categories of our business by building a robust community of inspired riders & fans of the shop.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Bike Building & Sales Assistant Duties
- Demonstrates excellent bike building skills & mechanical awareness
- Delivers efficient assembly of new boxed bikes, & associated accessories
- Loves people, and relishes the opportunity to nurture relationships
- Quickly and positively adapts to the ever-changing needs of the business
- Actively follows up with riders to help positively maintain our Fudges Cycle Store’ customer journey
- You will be supported by our in-house business development team to help deliver your long-term career
- We further encourage your career development by offering active participation in wider bike business marketing events and messaging strategies – get involved !
- Represent Fudges Cycle Store to the best of your abilities – everyday
- Takes ownership & pride of in-store retail experience, and merchandising, ensuring the range of products on display is well organized, and merchandised to professional industry standards.
- Openly shares knowledge across the whole team.
- Working together, collectively strives to support & build the best team in the bike industry alongside your teammates
What are we looking for?
- Assembly of new boxed bikes
- In-store merchandising
- POS management
- Rider communication & customer service tasks
- Focus on the Customer (Rider centric approach)
- Detail orientated
- Inspires people
- Loves cycling
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified to a Cytech Level is preferred, although specific training in all areas will be provided to the successful candidate (Practical bike building assessment required for interview process)
- Bicycle retail experience (E-Bike sales experience preferred)
- Connected to the riding scene at an enthusiasts’ level
- Loves to ride bikes
We offer a competitive salary based on ability and experience.
Enrolment into company pension scheme
We offer a generous staff purchase scheme
5 days per week
Mon – Saturday: 9am – 6pm , Sunday: Closed
28 days holiday including bank holidays.
Come with us
Join the ride
We are so excited about the opportunities that lie ahead for Fudges Cycle Store, and we are looking for like minded individuals who share our vision for evolution.
If you are inspired to help deliver these changes as part of our growing team, and would like to help build an evolved business fit for the future, come with us on the journey, it’s going to be a great ride !
Please get in touch.
To apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter to Murph@fudgescyclestore.com
To apply for this job email your details to Murph@fudgescyclestore.com.