Website The Electric Bike Shop
If you have a passion for bikes and want to work for an exciting and growing company this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
The Electric Bike Shop in Bristol is looking for a full time Bike Builder to join our expanding team.
Whether it be for the weekday commute or weekend pursuits, our customers have very different preferences. What they all have in common is a genuine excitement when they’re presented with their bike & you are looked upon not just as a representative of The Electric Bike Shop, but a bike building expert.
Build bikes with care & to the highest standard:
- Locate boxed bike & inspect for faults prior to assembly.
- Assemble & set up bikes correctly, ensuring the correct torque setting, within the set time frame.
- Apply frame protectors, EBS stickers, bells & reflectors.
- Have knowledge of & comply with British standards.
- Complete new bike checklist.
- Ensure bike pack / manual is supplied correctly. Store keys and charger with number coded to bike.
- Carry out basic repairs such as punctures & conduct the 6 week free of charge (FOC) & safety checks.
- Fit accessories such as locks or lights as required.
- Correctly prepare bikes for internal transfer and home delivery.
Offer great customer service & demonstrate exceptional technical knowledge:
- Carry out pre delivery inspections (PDI).
- Have an understanding of Interim and Full services so you can inform customers accurately.
- Answer calls & resolve customer enquiries.
- Book in services as required.
- Deal with technical queries from customers & colleagues alike. Offer advice on accessories & suggest alternatives where appropriate.
The skills & behaviours that make it all happen.
- A good level of technical bike building knowledge & an understanding of how to gain further information as required.
- An interest in cycling & an enthusiasm about the products we sell.
- Fantastic organisation skills with the ability to prioritise important & time dependant tasks.
- Acute safety awareness of the use of machinery & tools.
- Able to problem solve.
- Patient & helpful towards customers & colleagues who will always have lots of questions.
- Support with the replenishment of shop floor stock through the number of bike builds you produce.
- Dispose of all packaging responsibly, recycling where possible.
A full time Bike Builder to join us on 37.5 hours per week, across Monday – Saturday
- Competitive salary
- Generous staff purchase scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- 28 days annual leave per year
- Employee healthcare scheme and employee assistance programme
Expected start date: ASAP
Job Types: Full time, Permanent
Salary: up to £20,000 – £23,000 per year (pro rata depending on experience).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.