Title: Bicycle Mechanic (Junior / Mid-Level / Senior)
Location: London (multiple sites across the city)
Salary: We will beat you current salary
How to apply: Send an update CV and a short cover letter (max 100 words) to email@example.com
We’re looking for reliable and ambitious individuals to join our rapidly growing mechanics team. Hands-on, problem-solving mechanics who take real pride in their work are at the heart of Zoomo’s success and our incredible growth so far. If you have a passion for cycling and you want to be part of the most exciting e-bike business in the UK, then we want to hear from you! And if you fit the bill for what we’re looking for we will guarantee to beat your current salary.
Zoomo is an e-bike company that was launched in Australia in 2017 and is now growing rapidly in the UK and around the world. Equipped with the latest software and hardware technologies, we are redefining our customers’ experience, providing the smartest and most reliable e-bikes on the market.
As well as selling and leasing e-bikes to individuals and businesses in London and across the UK, we also provide structured preventative maintenance services to our customers. This means that our team of in-house mechanics form the backbone of our current and future growth.
We recognise this and we treat our mechanics with the respect they deserve, ensuring that everyone who joins our team has the opportunity to grow, learn and progress with us. Plus, we offer the most competitive salaries in the UK, as well as great bonuses including cash incentives and team nights out. Whether you’re just starting out in your mechanic career or you’ve been doing it for years, all this adds up to make Zoomo a great place to work.
We have three tiers of mechanics at Zoomo. These are Junior Mechanic (1-2 years experience), Mid-Level Mechanic (2 – 5 years experience) and Senior Mechanic (5 – 10+ years experience) with roles varying depending on experience. Key responsibilities for all mechanics include:
- Assembly and pre-delivery inspection (PDI) of new bikes.
- Repair and servicing of bikes, maintaining the highest possible standards at all times.
- Diagnose required services, fault find and service bikes to enable them to return to the rider in a safe and fully operational condition.
- Update our fleet management system with newly built and repaired bikes.
- Work efficiently and ensure that the workshop is kept clean tidy.
- Help maintain good stock management processes.
- Be committed to providing the best customer service, promoting our values when interacting with Zoomo riders, customers and suppliers.
- 1 – 2 years experience (Junior Mechanics) / 2 – 5 years experience (Mid-Level Mechanic) / 5 – 10+ years experience (Senior Mechanic) working as a bicycle mechanic – we are also happy to consider candidates coming from other fields (e.g. car or motorbike mechanics)
- A real passion for cycling and e-bikes!
- A good understanding of bikes, including assembly and maintenance
- Comfortable using online technology
- Flexibility to work across London (we have workshops opening all over the city)
- To be able to work as part of a team and contributing to achieving individual and team targets
- A can-do attitude and willingness to get your hands dirty.
- Eligibility to work in the UK and good command of English.
- Cy-tech or equivalent qualifications
- Experience working with e-bikes
- Experience running one or more workshops, including managing staff rotas, performance managing mechanics and ordering stock.
- A full UK driving licence
- We will guarantee to beat your current salary
- Great bonuses, including cash incentives, team nights out and other perks
- Excellent training opportunities, including paid-for Cy-tech qualifications
- A fantastic work environment with supportive colleagues and genuine opportunities for personal development with structured career progression plans
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and a brief cover letter (max. 100 words) explaining why you’re the right person to join the Zoomo team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.