Bosch eBike Systems is making its Dealer Certification programme available via live virtual clinics.
The company said demand for e-bikes is booming, but the pandemic is making it difficult to host in-person training.
“Dealer training is a focus that Bosch eBike Systems takes seriously and is one of the primary ways we support our network of more than 3,000 bike shops across the US and Canada,” said LJ Miller, the North American technical sales manager for Bosch eBike Systems. “The new online training courses offer a high level of content as well as a personalized experience, simply with more convenience.”
Bosch is offering two types of training online: individual modules broken down by product category, and the full curriculum to obtain or renew certification (including online displays, battery and charger, drive units and diagnostics). Training modules are already recorded and stored on the Bosch Dealer Portal for both OEs and IBDs to reference. Dealers can sign up for the online courses via the Bosch Dealer Portal.
This program renews certifications, which expire 15 months from the date of the last dealer training and covers:
– Service process
– Removal and re-installation of components
– Laptop diagnostic tool operation
– Intro to Model Year 2020/2021 innovations
– Expert tips on system operation, diagnostics and correcting problems
– Product knowledge to enhance e-bike selling skills on the shop floor
The one-hour Diagnostics Training Module is needed to properly evaluate, update and service all Bosch-equipped e-bikes. This training module covers:
– Updating the eBike Systems
– Reading error codes
– Running Diagnostics reports
– Submitting a warranty claim
– Remote Diagnostics
– Additional support